Click on the contact link to contact me and fill out a brief questionnaire--please specify:
- Group lessons
- Lessons in your home
- Daytime home school lessons
- Skype lessons
You can only go so far teaching yourself to play guitar or trying to figure out songs on your own before you hit "the wall." With so much content online, you can easily become overwhelmed and not know which direction to follow. That's why I customize a unique path for each of my students to help them identify and realize their musical goals!
"The guitar is the easiest instrument to play and hardest to play well." -Andres Segovia
"Sometimes you'll want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." -Jimi Hendrix
"Guitar is the best form of self-expression I know. Everything else, and I'm just sort of tripping around, trying to figure my way through life." -Slash
Do any of these goals match yours?
- You're a total beginner and just want to learn some of your favorite songs
- You used to play and want to pick it up again
- You can already play but want to learn some music theory and how to read music on the guitar
- You want to branch out into different styles of music such as Spanish guitar or jazz
- You already play rhythm guitar but want to learn how to play lead and acquire some SICK TECHNIQUE and SPEED!!
Whatever your musical goal may be, I have the educational background and teaching experience to take you there! Flamenco, classical and jazz studies at the university level have left me uniquely qualified as a guitar teacher. And almost 2 decades of imparting knowledge in a FUN and RELAXING way has given me the experience to become a patient teacher who gets great results! Several of my students have gone on to prestigious conservatories, started successful bands (Lewis del Mar, Prinze George) and have students of their own.
So where do you want to go with your music?